Kasabonika Lake News
February 23, 2017
Weather: mostly cloudy -14, feels like -22
- A former advisor on community development projects admitted to stealing $2000 from the Small Business Centre on Facebook last night. Mitchell Diabo wrote his apology on the 210 Local News Facebook page.
“Good people of Kasabonika, I need to confess to you what I’ve done at SBC:
- I did help myself to $2,000 of SBC cash.
- I did so after closing hours.
- I did this alone and am solely responsible…” his statement read. Read more here.
- The winter road closure is still in effect from Checkpoint to Turnoff until Saturday, February 24, 2017. It will be open on the 24th for light traffic only.
- SLAAMB has been in the community this week to gather information on community needs for employment skills and training. As many people as possible are encouraged to apply. The survey is available online here:
- The dental hygienist is in the community until March 3, 2017. A dentist will be coming in March 6-17. Contact the Nursing Station to make an appointment.